- Leadership buy-in!
- PowerShell script can get you a list of all files being touched by Teams (and paths to where in the tenant they’re actually stored)
- O365 is such a moving target…change happens so quickly; plan on not being able to keep up. 🙂
- Delegate support; appoint a head “tech” person in each Team who supports others in Teams, let them bring bigger issues to you (instead of everyone bringing every issue to you)
What makes a good IT director?
- “Yes” unless you have to say “no”
- Project manager, able to bring in resources to fill in for their/team’s deficiencies
- Networking (with people)
- Leading Up (and down)
- Have a seat at the leadership table to empower and equip
Video storage/backing up
- Veeam may be able to help with this
- Deep Glacier, Google Drive (w/unlimited storage) are options
- SharePoint could be an option for video production and archiving
- Lynda for staff (or Linked-in Learning?)
- Once a month Lunch and learn…use pre-existing content so you don’t have to create it yourself!
- Give people a one-month subscription to some paid learning service, like a library subscription…they have a month to complete the training